f

I’ve Got Stress, My Wife Finds Balding Men Sexually Repulsive, and Now I’m Worried I’m Losing Hair


Hi,


I am 36yr old male and have just had a baby as well as a herniated disc which incapacitated me for 3 months (this was on top of an interstate move and loss of my job). I received an epidural steroid injection to minimize the pain. I am now on the road to recovery, however my hair is falling out at an alarming rate, I would estimate a 30%-35% loss but have not noticed my hairline receding. I am noticing many hairs on my computer keyboard, pillow in the sink etc etc. I also have pretty bad dandruff at present.


I have always had VERY thick hair as does my father (he’s 74 now and still with a full head) but my uncle and grandfather on my mothers side are bald. I think i am noticing small re-growth hairs on my hairline but read that this is actually the hairline receding. I am very worried as my wife has always told me she finds balding or bald men kind of repulsive (sexually). I of course went to my docs who took bloods and found everything was normal so i asked for a referral to a dermatologist but the only clinic in Portland OR cant see me for 4 months. I find myself in a catch 22 cycle of worry, please help.


My questions are as follows….,


May i be experiencing stress related hair loss and if so will the hair that has fallen out grow back?


If i shave my head now will that affect regrowth if it indeed occurs or will it just speed up the process of my ‘losing everything’?


I have read that Rogaine does not work on the front of the scalp, is Propecia my ‘best bet’?


Best Regards



You might be experiencing stress related hair loss. If you have the genetics for losing hair, stress induced loss might become permanent. Otherwise, it should hopefully be a temporary hair loss. Try to get your stress under control and have some patience that your hair may regrow within a year.


If you shave your head, you will have a shaved head with the same amount of hair follicles which will grow out to the same status as you are now, unless you are losing hair. Shaving the head doesn’t speed up hair loss or induce hair growth.


Before you make a decision on going on any hair medication, do two things:



  1. Send me photos of your head from various angles and with your hair pulled back and your eyebrows lifted high. Reference this post when sending.

  2. Find a doctor in your area that can provide a hair bulk analysis with the HairCheck instrument which will absolutely let you know where you hair is being lost, if at all.


I wait anxiously to hear from you, as it sounds like you are coming into a personal crisis.








from Hair Loss Information http://ift.tt/1kwV7LV