f

I’ve Been Taking Finasteride for Years, So What Should My Next Step Be?

Cheers doctor. I live in the UK and there is not much information regarding hair loss as there is in America. I have been steadily going bald for the past 14 years and have been on proscar for some time. My doctor was reluctant to put me on proscar but finally gave in, bless him. Anyways, fast forward to now, I am 32 years old and have been seeing an increase in my hair loss in my temple area, hairline, and behind it. It is not that noticeable yet because nobody has really commented on the loss but I know in certain lighting it is very apparent and when I style my hair in different ways it is apparent.

What are the stages I should be taking at this point?

A. Continue with the medication or not take it anymore because I am losing hair regardless

B. Wait for my hair loss to continue until I have a more prominent bald spot and then go for a procedure

C. Go for a procedure now and try and stay on top of my balding

D. Get those micro dot tattoos on my thinning area

E. Do nothing and hope for the best


I always wondered about people who stay on top of their balding but the problem is when they start losing the hair behind their implants or their donor hair runs out, that is what is sort of preventing me from doing anything. Your comments and feedback would really be appreciated. Cheers.



There is no substitute for a good doctor to help you in this process. If you are really losing hair, then stopping Proscar (finasteride) could be a disaster that would lead to “catch-up” hair loss. I assume the Proscar you’re taking is cut into 4 or 5 pieces, and not the full table, which would be too much medication for treating hair loss.


You don’t need to necessarily wait for more prominent balding before you plan for surgery, but as hair loss is progressive, your pattern would need to be determined so that any surgery accounts for potential future balding. Having Scalp MicroPigmentation (SMP) is also a possibility, depending on the hairstyle you plan on having. I can’t really answer your questions without pictures at a minimum.


So really, your next step should be to sit down with a good doctor (you are fortunate to have both Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo in the UK) and build a Master Plan with them.








from Hair Loss Information http://ift.tt/1iqrHfc