f

Hair Thinning in a Young College Student

I’m 23 years old, male. I was concerned about my thinning hair and my forehead is also very high. I was wondering if my forehead could be lowered along with hair transplant in one session and also a general estimate of what it might cost. Could the surgery be financed?

Another concern that I have is whether my transplant area and donor area would be red and swollen for various number of days. How many days are we talking about here? Since I am a college student I am concerned if people will be able to tell I had a hair transplant surgery after I come home from the procedure. Will the transplanted hair and the hair from donor area shed very badly and leave me looking like I have thinner hair than I used to and how much pain should I expect?


Thanks for addressing my concerns.



Thinning hair in a 23 year old man is usually caused by genetic balding. You should see a good doctor to have your hair mapped for miniaturization and have your hair bulk analyzed to be sure that you have genetic balding. If this is the case, then the use of medications like Propecia will be critical to stopping or slowing the balding process from progressing.


The redness after a surgery depends on two factors — the color of your skin (white skin is more likely to turn red), and the general way your body reacts to a wound (scratch your forehead with your fingernail and then wait 5 minutes to see if it turns red). If and when you become a candidate for a hair transplant by presenting with a clear balding pattern, then you can at the time of the transplant, lower your hairline. Costs vary depending upon what has to be done. Financing is available.








from Hair Loss Information http://ift.tt/1j9m1nJ