f

I Was Told to Oil My Scalp Despite Already It Already Being Greasy

I am a 30 year old male with some hair loss problems. I have been suffering from seborrheic dermatitis for about 2 years. My scalp is naturally quite oily due to this problem. I recently went to a trichologist and he suggested that oiling scalp is a must, no matter how oily the scalp is. My questions are

1. Is it good for me to oil my hair despite greasy scalp? Would it not aggravate seborrheic dermatitis?

2. Trichologist recommends washing scalp daily with a shampoo containing saw palmetto extracts. Do you recommend daily washing?

3. Can I resort to options like Finasteride? Minoxidil again would probably aggravate seborrheic dermatitis?


Thank you ..



I think that the trichologist should be the one to speak with for questions #1 and #2. I don’t know why those recommendations were made. Finasteride and/or minoxidil will not help your seborrheic dermatitis.


If you have hair loss issues and want and medical treatment or assessment, you should see a physician. From a medical point of view, oily hair or scalp does not cause genetic balding and shampoos (even with saw palmetto) do not treat genetic balding.








from Hair Loss Information http://ift.tt/1gqT6NP