f

Hair Loss After Testosterone Replacement Therapy

I have been on testosterone replacement therapy for 6-12 months, dose recently increased about 4 months ago. I have not noticed any significant change in sex drive (which is low to medium, functioning OK, 44 years old). I have however been experiencing a lot of hair loss and thinning.

This adverse effect is not desirable to me and I plan to stop the testosterone. Will my hair grow back if this is cause? What about hair regrowth if this is also combined with heredity?


Thank You



Testosterone (an androgen) is a known cause of hair loss if you carry the hair loss gene (androgenic alopecia). Much of what you lost, if there is no hair in that portion of the scalp, will not grow back.


Without examining you I can not tell you where your hair loss is in the hair ‘death’ cycle (called apoptosis) that goes with male pattern balding.








from Hair Loss Information http://ift.tt/1kj3plY