f

Can I Just Start Propecia or Should I See a Doctor First?

I am 17 years old almost 18 in 5 months. I am starting to thin in the back of my head but no signs of thinning in the front. So in order for this to stop, can I start on propecia or should I seek a doctor first? Also my dad is bald and my grandpa is somewhat bald. But my uncle (dad’s brother) is not bald. On my mothers side, my grandpa has a full head of hair.

So does propecia really help in this situation or what should I do? Because I am really considering taking this medicine. So please help me because I don’t want to be bald at all.



Many men don’t want to be balding, but genetic hair loss can happen as early as 16 years old. Propecia (finasteride) is a treatment for genetic hair loss in men, but it is by no means a cure (there is no cure). It is a prescription medication, so you must see a doctor to find out if you should be taking it. By seeing a doctor who can measure your hair bulk, you will know for sure if you are starting the balding process. If so, then Propecia would be the best approach to slowing it down or halting it.


Propecia isn’t a guarantee to stop all of your loss, but it should at the very least slow down the process. You could even see some regrowth, especially if the loss is early and limited to the crown (I assume that is what you mean by the back of your head). Each person responds differently, so without an examination I couldn’t give you any real indication of what benefits the drug will provide. That is why a good examination of your hair by an expert hair doctor will get to the bottom of what you are fearing.








from Hair Loss Information http://ift.tt/1fp09Ck