f

14 Year Old Girl Finding a Pillow Full of Hair Every Morning


(female)

Every morning I wake up to see my pillow full of hair.. more hair than usual. Before I shower, I run my fingers through my hair and get some hair out. When I take out my hair band, strands of hair are stuck to it. It seems that lately more hair has been coming out, but I am only 14 years old and none of my parents or family members are bald. Is this normal? Why is it so sudden? Will it stop? What can I do to help it? Please help because I am worried.



We typically lose 100-150 hairs a day, but if you’re seeing excessive loss, there could be a variety of possible reasons. I don’t know what you consider excessive, though.


At 14 years old, you should get your parents involved and see a doctor to try to determine a cause for your thinning. Until we know why you’re losing hair, we can’t determine whether the loss is temporary or even what the treatment plan might be.


It’s quite possible that you are just seeing the effect of hair cycling, which is common in everybody. If you lose 100-150 hairs per day, you almost certainly are regrowing 100-150 new hairs per day.








from Hair Loss Information http://ift.tt/Pb8Aen